Sunday, May 8, 2016

Georgia O'Keeffe Skulls


I was looking for projects on Georgia O'Keeffe that my older kiddos would be interested in creating.  I saw this idea on the blog "What's Happening in the Art Room??" I absolutely loved the colorful backgrounds contrasting with the monochromatic skulls.  

We started our project by learning about our fabulous FEMALE (yay!) artist.  We used Google Earth to check out the places she lived. My kids gave me a brief goofy look when I told them they were creating a painting of a cow skull.  They all became fans of the cow skulls and were very proud of the results! 



I like the uniqueness of each skull.



We used tempera paint for the skull and background. We added details and patterns using oil pastels.



















No comments:

Post a Comment